I hate New Year’s resolutions. Why do we need the start of a new year as a catalyst to set ourselves goals? I, personally, set myself goals all the time. Daily. Weekly. Monthly. It rains goals! Despite my dislike for the yearly declaration of objectives, I still set them. Generally whenever the mood strikes. Long-term goals for the win!
What I Plan to Do With Myself This Year
Last year my husband and I wanted to call and visit friends and family more (success). I decided I wanted to learn code (miss). So what about this year? I have two year-long goals I set for myself.
- This blog, duh. I’ve had blogs in the past and life would just go off on it’s little life-path and I wouldn’t update the thing. I am in a different state of mind this time around so perhaps third time’s a charm?
- Be dairy-free. Duuuuuude. I fucking love cheese and last year I learned I was lactose intolerant. Worst. Thing. Ever. Okay, not really because worse things have happened, but it was a blow. A personal, meteoritic cranberry blow. Thankfully I am not alone and have many friends in the same butter-free boat. I shall write a post about this. How exciting!
Is There Anything Exciting in the Short Term?
Nope. I’m a boring, hermit of a gal. But here are my weekly and monthly goals because blog.
- I need to finish a present for a friend. I actually have two but since I’m seeing one friend this weekend (Woop woop!) I kind of really need to finish that one first. I will be sure to post pics or whatever.
- Laundry. Ugh. Everything is washed and dried but only half of it is folded. None of it is put away. So far I’m doing better on this blog than with my laundry. I’m not exaggerating.
- Reconfigure printer. We upgraded our Internet and have a new WiFi, therefore I need to get the printer reconnected so we can print. I’m sure it’s simple and I just need to sit down and do it but … it’s not happening anytime soon. Plus, we’re out of ink so no one’s printing shit anyway.
- Touch up the kitchen. We painted the kitchen as soon as we moved in but we never went back and touched up the edges where the tape removed some of our hard work. There isn’t a lot and no one can tell but me. I’ve given myself the month of January to do this.
I have a pet peeve with the “New Year, New Me” crap. Sure, we all have things we’d like to change/improve about ourselves but I don’t think that constitutes a completely new anyone (unless you’re in, like, Witness Protection…). I could also just be taking it really literally and completely missing the point. That’s more likely. Either way, don’t make a resolution because you think you have to and be sure to make goals that will make you happy. Do it for you and no one else.
Laundry. Working on that present.